Gallery of Designs

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halfway thru our 3rd Semester!


In June of this year my husband Matt and I decided to expand our horizons with jewelry. My personality type is that I get bored easily and to keep my attention to things I like to constantly learn. I was a little bored and uninspired with the selection of "things" to put together in Jewelry. I decided that I wanted to really expand my knowledge and skill into the age old practice of silversmithing. This is a skill that takes alot of patience and time but the reward is absolutely amazing. So far we have been lucky to work with and learn under Ed Barker who has been silversmithing for at least 40 years. Since our first class in June we have been able to complete several projects. As I get great pics of our latest projects I will be posting those as well. We are about halfway thru our 3rd semester and hope to have our own studio up and running sometime next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment